Revision of EU rules on date marking - ‘use by’ and ‘best before’
Mar 14, 2022
As a part of the "From Farm to Fork" strategy, the European Commission proposes to revise the rules on date marking - "use by" and "best before" – to avoid unnecessary discarding of food.
The difference between the date markings and detailed guidelines for their use are set in Annex X to the EU Regulation No 1169/2011, on the provision of food information to consumers.
ALS laboratories provide food producers and retailers with a comprehensive and convenient solution for shelf-life determination. This area includes setting the correct date marking for the labelling purposes as well as verification of the assumption of the shelf life in case of a change in recipe or in the production process. When working with ALS, you can expect:
- professional advice on the testing plan according to the nature of the product, their frequency and frequency,
- evaluation of the results regarding legislative requirements,
- sensory assessment at the end of the shelf life,
- storage under defined conditions,
- photo documentation of the sample,
- a comprehensive report assessing the suitability of the proposed date marking,
- sample analyses 7 days a week,
- user-friendly transport,
- online system (WebTrieve) ensuring real time access to the results.
For more details on individual analyses, contact our client service at +420 226 226 998 or email@example.com.